And now onto the Liebster Blog award that we were nominated for by the awesome Moonstonemaiden. If you haven’t already, you should definitely stop by her blog and check out her great posts on reading, writing, and other fun stuff, not to mention her poetry.
1) Paste the award picture into your blog.
2) Write up 11 NEW questions directed towards your nominees.
3) When you receive the award, you must post 11 random facts about yourself.
4) Pass the award onto 11 other blogs and let them know
And now, here are the questions:
1) Are you a day or nighttime writer?
KATI: Nighttime writer. Unfortunately, since I’m stuck at work during the day, my only free time to really write is at night.
HEIDI: I used to be a nighttime writer, but my husband is one of those early-to-bed, early-to-rise types, so I’ve slowly morphed into an early morning writer.
KATI: It’s unnatural. <shudders>
2) Do you make a playlist for your writing projects or does music distract you?
KATI: Music distracts me. Although, I can write to some nice Celtic Harp music. 🙂
HEIDI: Depends on the music and my mood, but generally I like having something play in the background. Lately it’s been all about Lindsey Stirling, but I also especially like the soundtrack to The Fountain.
3) What new movie are you looking most forward to seeing in the near future?
KATI: I really want to see the live action movie of Rurouni Kenshin, but they decided to release it in theaters everywhere except in the US. So I may have to order it through the evil empire when it comes out on DVD.
HEIDI: I have a whole list, but right now I’m looking forward to seeing the new Die Hard. I know what my Valentine’s Day plans are…
KATI: Because nothing says romance like watching John McClane take out a bunch of villains?
HEIDI: Don’t you know it! 😉
4) What was the last book that you read? Would you recommend it?
KATI: PARANORMALCY. And yes, I definitely would recommend it.
5) What’s your idea of a perfect day?
KATI: A day where I can sleep in, then go on a hike, and then spend my evening relaxing, writing, reading, and or drawing. Also, I like windy, cool days. 🙂
HEIDI: While that sounds nice, I’d have to go with a day camping out by Paulina Lake, where I could wake up and watch the sun rise over the water, then go for a hike with my dog, followed by a nap, and then an afternoon spent reading and relaxing, and an evening drinking wine and eating chocolate by the fire before bed.
KATI: Sounds like someone’s given this a lot of thought.
HEIDI: It sounds like a good day, though, doesn’t it?
KATI: Aside from the “watch the sun rise” bit, yes.
6) What is your favorite television show and /or movie? Why?
KATI: Ooohh…tough question. I totally love Doctor Who, but I would be hard pressed to say whether I liked it better than Slayers or not. And movies, I have a hard enough time narrowing it down to 5 movies I would take with me to a deserted island, let alone down to one movie.
HEIDI: I’d say Moulin Rouge for favorite movie, although I usually stop it just before the end, when everything is happy. I just love the over-the-top ridiculousness of it all, and I’m a sucker for artsy musicals and dramatic love stories. Plus a singing Ewan McGregor? Icing on the cake.
7) Have you ever read a scene in a book that reminds you of a scene you’ve written before or had already planned to write?
KATI: Not a scene, but a concept. The concept started appearing in other books around the time I had just finished a rough draft of a book I wrote a few years ago.
HEIDI: Nothing immediately comes to mind for me, although I’m sure it’s happened. If you read and write enough, eventually you’ll see some overlap.
8) If you won the lottery, what would be your first purchase?
KATI: How big of a lottery? And is free time considered a purchase? = D
HEIDI: I like the way you think. Nothing is worth more than time.
9) If you could only eat one type of food (Italian, Chinese, Classic American etc.) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
KATI: This question is hitting a little too close to home. I totally would have chosen Italian food, but I can’t even really eat that anymore. :*(
HEIDI: I’d normally go with Italian, too, but I don’t want to rub salt in Kati’s wounds, so I’ll go with…hmm…
KATI: Interesting food choice.
HEIDI: Quiet, I’m still thinking! >: (
KATI: This could take a while…
HEIDI: And it’s settled. Italian it is. ; p Enjoy your…well, whatever it is you can still eat. Oatmeal?
10) What is your favorite song at the moment?
KATI: Funny that, but I’m not sure I have one. Maybe Moon Trance by Lindsey Stirling.
HEIDI: Good choice. Lately I’ve been listening to Toto’s “Africa” a lot…not sure why. I just can never get tired of that song.
11) What is your favorite time period in history or who is your favorite historical figure? Why?
KATI: Genghis Khan! Because his life is better than any fiction story. Seriously, if you have not read GENGHIS KHAN, AND THE MAKINGS OF THE MODERN WORLD, you are totally missing out. 🙂
HEIDI: Here, here! That was the first history book I ever voluntarily read, and I loved it! Loved it so much that I forced it on all the people around me because really, everyone should read it. Most people think Genghis Khan was this savage, brutal man, but in reality he has a lot of good characteristics. For instance, his wife gets stolen from him, and instead of following the normal avenues of the time and just getting himself a new one, he convinces his friend to essentially help him wage war and get her back. How awesome is that?
KATI: Pretty awesome, I’d say. 😉
And here’s our 11 questions to our nominations:
1) Are you a tea drinker, or a coffee drinker?
2) What 5 movies would you take with you to a deserted island?
3) If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
4) What is the speed of an unladen swallow?
5) What is your favorite genre to write in?
6) What’s your favorite part of the day?
7) Do you have a writing ritual you must do before you can concentrate on writing?
8) As a child, what was your favorite picture book?
9) Do you do your work in a clean and neat working area, or do you work around organized chaos?
10) What is your favorite word?
11) Who influenced you the most in your life?
And here are our nominees:
We like the number three…nice and auspicious. Looking forward to seeing your answers!